Sunday, April 29, 2007

Camping, Not as Serene as I Thought

Well, we decided to go camping this weekend w/ our neighbors & good friends. Let me start by telling you that, I had never been camping before. I really enjoyed camping it was a lot of fun & the weather was beautiful. What I didn't enjoy was the 3 toddlers/kids that came with us.

Oh my, we needed to put these animals in cages. At first it was fun & they were running around letting off steam. Well, at 11pm Logan was still running off steam, & all of the adults were out of steam. The adults (I can't believe that I am referring to me & Eric as part of the adults) were finally able to relax for 1 hour by the fire until we went to bed. The only other time I have been that tired is when I gave birth.

The next morning we thought we would be be awoken to the sounds of birds chirping & peaceful noises. Logan & Mallory had other plans. They woke up @ 6:30am & started our lovely day with whining & crying. Ellie thought that she wasn't doing her share, so she joined in. At about 8am Eric asked us if we wanted to leave early because this just wasn't any fun. Melissa & I had to stop ourselves from jumping & up & down, because there was no way either of would have even whispered that idea to the men folk.

So we left camp a day early @ about 10am. It really was not fun having the kids there. They are still too young to get the idea that you can't run off in the woods by yourself. As soon as they are old enough to camping again I will show them Friday the 13th so they can get the idea.

I only got a few pictures of our experience & here they are.......



This was when we first got there & Ellie could still be bribed to behave w/ cookies.
Gerald brought his fishing boat & gave Logan & Mallory a ride on what Logan called the, riber
Ellie got in on the boat actionWe totally ignored that sign, obviously the person who put it up had never been camping w/ Logan , Mallory, & Ellie:)This was the happiest Eric was when we were there, it was when we were about to leave.
It really was pretty there, too bad we couldn't enjoy it to the fullest. Oh well, maybe in 5 years.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just don't understand kids. A couple of brewskis and your troubles would have been over.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Grover Thomas Jr. said...

You should talk to Grover some time about this. He and Landon met a friend (and they drove all the way to New Jersey) who also had a toddler and they were home a day early also. I laughed out loud at your giving birth comparison.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home