Monday, December 31, 2007

December 31st Already???

Andrea, thanks for the comment to get my butt in gear:) Christmas really wore me out this year. We had the most awesome Christmas you could imagine. We left our house at 4am (so Eric could beat traffic yet again) to make our way to New Orleans for Christmas with my family for the first time since Katrina. Let me first start by saying, wow, it was amazing driving into N.O. & still seeing Fema trailers, trees down, & homes still destroyed from that Monster, it was 2 1/2 years ago this happened:(

We got to my Uncles @ 11am & it was time to start partying. Went to lunch & then home for a nap to rest up for Bourbon. I love going out in the French Quarter, people watching is at its best there, & when you you have a White Russian daiquiri to accompany you, it is even better. I was a good girl on Bourbon, Chris & Eric, not so much. They wanted to do something I didn't (won't go into what) so they put me in a cab & off I was to Harrahs. I love to sit at a machine & just play, play, play. I stayed there for 3 hours & still walked out of that casino with my same 20 bucks:)

Anyway, Christmas Eve was a blast & it was total bedlam when Santa (Uncle Gary) came down to give presents. I have never seen so much much wrapping paper flying everywhere. The kids were a hit, as always, & loved every minute.

Christmas morning was a little different. We waited for my parents to go to mass before opening presents, & they got there @ 10am. Then U.C. had to leave to buy Vodka, tomato juice, & celery (wonder what he was gonna be making). He didn't get back until almost 11:30, I was starting to get a little perturbed by this time to say the least. Once he got back it was time to let it rip. The kids loved it & we loved it.

Being in N.O. reminded me of when I was a kid. We went there every year for X-Mas & just had a blast. I am so glad that my kids got to be a part of it this year & from now on, every other year:)

As soon as Chris gets in gear & sends me the pics I will post them.

I know this post is a lot of rambling, sorry. I have to start getting ready for a New Years Eve party we are having tonight. So HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!!!!! I will see you in the new year:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach

What a holiday in The Big Easy ! You guys ware me out, always wanting to go to Boomtown !
Love
Dad

12:06 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Happy New Years Rach, I am glad you guys had such a nice Christmas - with your family how could you not? :)

Miss you!
xoxo

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a special Christmas. This will be a favorite memory forever!

Love, Mom

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home