Being Sick Sucks, but Having Kids Sick is Worser
Hello & welcome to my world. A world of vomit, washing clothes, & trips to the ER. It all started on Wednesday when Logan threw up before school, I of course kept him home. I thought it was just a fluke until he did it again in the middle of the night. My poor baby couldn't keep anything down even though we were trying.
Fast forward to Friday. Logan is still sick & guess what, so are me & Eric. Friday was one of my hardest days being a Mother. To be so sick & still have to take care of your kids, it was not fun.
Now we come to Saturday. Logan wakes up & throws up AGAIN! He is just sitting around very lethargic & so we decide to take him to the ER. They got us in pretty fast & he basically just has a stomach bug, but he is not dehydrated. While we were waiting for our prescription I was holding my little boy & he looked at with those big brown eyes, & then he puked all over me. At least they knew I wasn't lying.
I was telling this story to my Uncle Curtis this morning, I told him, "At least I brought Logan a change of clothing." He then said, " That's a good mother, think to bring clothes for your children, but not yourself." To tell you the truth, I never thought to bring anything for myself & if I did I would have. Because it is not cool to have to wear a short sleeve t-shirt (in 30 degree weather) & stinky pants home.
But at least my boy is going to okay:)
Fast forward to Friday. Logan is still sick & guess what, so are me & Eric. Friday was one of my hardest days being a Mother. To be so sick & still have to take care of your kids, it was not fun.
Now we come to Saturday. Logan wakes up & throws up AGAIN! He is just sitting around very lethargic & so we decide to take him to the ER. They got us in pretty fast & he basically just has a stomach bug, but he is not dehydrated. While we were waiting for our prescription I was holding my little boy & he looked at with those big brown eyes, & then he puked all over me. At least they knew I wasn't lying.
I was telling this story to my Uncle Curtis this morning, I told him, "At least I brought Logan a change of clothing." He then said, " That's a good mother, think to bring clothes for your children, but not yourself." To tell you the truth, I never thought to bring anything for myself & if I did I would have. Because it is not cool to have to wear a short sleeve t-shirt (in 30 degree weather) & stinky pants home.
But at least my boy is going to okay:)
2 Comments:
Oh no Rach! I hope everyone is feeling better soon...and you are a great mom, don't ever think otherwise!
hope you are all up and at em soon! and i hope ellie doesn't get it!
xoxo
Andrea
Wow. Not a good week. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Love,
Grover
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home